There are now 36 BIDS up and running across Scotland. Here is a link to other BIDs in Scotland.
Looking at other BIDS they have prioritised a mix of:
- Marketing: BIDs can coordinate advertising campaigns or promotions to drive footfall back into the town, promote events and build seasonal tourism.
- Environmental and cleaning issues: BIDs have set in motion street improvement projects, better signage, cleaner streets, tackled eyesores, set up shop front improvement grants. One BID employed a town handyman to keep the town looking at its best.
- Traffic: BID can help address problems with traffic, parking, making town centres safe and attractive to pedestrians, appointing local street ambassadors to move traffic along and help visitors.
- Cost Savings: BIDs have cut costs by businesses clubbing together to reduce refuse costs, utility bills, represented businesses in rate appeals and promoted local purchasing schemes.
- Breathing Life: Supporting cultural, arts and sporting activities in the town so attracting more footfall and visitors to the BID area.
- Safer Streets: Where needed BIDs can help make street safer and build a confidence in the town centre.
Other BIDs in Scotland
BID4Oban successfully went to ballot and is now delivering the business plan. More information on what they are doing including a shop frontage scheme is available here